The weather is fine, the grill is smokin’ and your all set for the perfect bar-b-que with your perfect recipes. Make your friends, family and neighbors drool with envy when you serve them these fabulous burgers!
SAVORY SALMON BURGERS
These savory salmon burgers hold up well on the grill, especially if you use a nice fillet of wild king salmon. Serve on an onion roll with lettuce, tomato, mustard, and horseradish for a great barbeque main dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds king salmon fillet, skinned and de-boned
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
DIRECTIONS: Prepare the salmon by cutting into strips, cutting the strips crosswise, and chopping the fish until well minced. Be sure to remove any remaining bones.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced salmon with bread crumbs, red onion, Dijon mustard, horseradish, and eggs. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8 burger patties. Lightly coat each patty with olive oil.
- Place salmon patties on the grill, and cook 4 or 5 minutes on each side.
BEST TURKEY PESTO BURGER
A great alternative to ground beef, this burger is lean and luscious! Serve with grilled squash and corn on the cob and you have a great healthy grilled meal.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
DIRECTIONS Mix together ground turkey, pesto, garlic, feta cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, and breadcrumbs in a bowl until evenly blended. Form into 4 patties. Grill pesto burgers until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. Sprinkle with seasoned salt halfway through cooking.